Saturday, July 10, 2010

You Never Know What He'll Say (or Do)

I went to get my new glasses adjusted. I had both boys with me. I handed the lady my glasses and she walked over to the little machine. Noah said, "Is she wearing underwear?" She looked my direction as he said that, but I couldn't see the expression on her face because she had my glasses. I thought if she did hear it, that was going to require some explaining. I asked if she heard. She said no. (I should have just left it at that, but I didn't.) I told her what he said and she got this look of horror on her face. I then had to explain he's been potty training and underwear is a hot topic of conversation at our house.

Noah is always worried about John going out "in his piggies" (translation: with no shoes on). We got ready to run errands the other day and he was talking about John needing shoes. I said John doesn't have any shoes. I put John in his car seat (which was on the floor) and told Noah to go get his shoes. I went to the bathroom and when I was headed back, I could tell Noah wasn't getting his shoes, but I couldn't tell what he was doing. He found some shoes in John's closet (which didn't fit) and he was trying to put them on John.

No comments: