Tuesday, September 28, 2010

You Never Know What He'll Say (or Do)

Occasionally, Noah will take something away from John. I'll ask him to give it back. Noah will say, "I'm sharing." (He's been saying that for quite some time. It just occurred to me how funny that actually was.)

I asked Noah to put his shoes away. He told me I should just do it. Then he said, "Just listen to what I say."

Noah has become quite the staler at nap and bedtime. When I put him down, he always has something up his sleeve. His favorite is, "I want to get up because the sun's in my eyes and it's so dark." (All in the same breath.)

John has just started eating food. For a while, when I'd get the spoon to his mouth, he'd stick his little tongue out to sample and see if he really wanted to open his mouth.

Noah will ask questions (constantly). And sometimes I can't answer him. For example, when we're driving down the street and someone is walking or running he'll ask who it is. I say I don't know. He'll say, "Tell me!" Tonight I said, "Noah, I can't tell you if I don't know." Soon after that, we were talking about what mommy's and daddy's names were. I asked him what mommy's name was. He said I don't know. I asked him again and he said, "I can't tell you if I don't know."

No comments: