Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Snow Days...

Will the winter ever end? I don't love cold weather and snow. It's very pretty, but it's so messy when you  have to get out in it. I think we've had more snow this winter than we've had in the past few years combined... Well, it seems like it to me. There's no fact behind that statement...

Noah has loved it!




Making a snow angel (He always has to make one more when I tell him it's time to go in.)

This picture is a little deceptive. John was none to pleased about this! And, they may have tipped over right after the picture was snapped, further aggravating John! He ended up sitting in the stroller in the garage watching Noah play.



Just when I thought everything was melting and it was going to stay warmish for a while, it got nasty again. Greg and I had quite a laugh watching the forecast for the "Big One." Monday night they were predicting 2-3 inches of ice and then 6-18 inches of snow. They were totally sensationalizing the weather. They had people on location. There had been a little freezing rain, but nothing major... One girl said, "It's like a ghost town around here." Greg and I looked at each other and said, "It's 10:15!" Another girl picked up what appeared to be rock salt saying it was ice. (It could have been ice, but it looked suspicious.) Someone else said, "Look at these street signs. They're just COVERED in ice." It was a riot. They even had a logo that flashed up which reminded me of the election watch. Then Tuesday night, after we got a few inches of sleet and a few inches of snow, they said "We really dodged a bullet here!" The roads were bad yesterday. But they were milking it.

We made snow ice cream today. Noah thought that was just the best. I had a little trouble finding snow that didn't have leaves or pine needles in it. And, it was deceptive. It looked like there was lots of snow, but mostly it was sleet. I think we only ate a few pine needles. Fiber, right?

I make all of John's food. I tend to make lots at a time. It's just easier that way! Then I put it in the freezer. We do not have a deep freeze... Greg has started referring to the freezer as the cannery. (In addition to what you can see in the picture, I also have 4 pumpkins I cooked and froze.)


Sunday night we got in the car and headed to Red Mango (a very delicious frozen yogurt place). We got there and it had just closed. Noah of course nearly melted down. So, we went to Orange Leaf instead (a slightly less delicious frozen yogurt place, but delicious nonetheless). We may have eaten froyo for dinner... John had a taste. This was the face he made after every bit, but he wanted more.


Baby brain freeze

The other day, Greg sent a text and said he wanted Noah to send him a picture of him doing something cool before the end of the day. After reading the text, I turned around to see this. I don't think this was what Greg had in mind, but hey...


Well, John found the cat door. He hasn't yet started chucking his toys down. He places them nicely on the top step. Every time I go downstairs, I hear him crawl to the door and then I hear the cat door open. (Excuse the poor quality...phone picture.)

No comments: