Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Happy Birthday, Sweet John!

Can you believe it?!?!?! John is one!!!

John had banana muffins for his first birthday breakfast (just like Noah did when he turned one).


John with his first birthday muffin


Noah with his first birthday muffin (in the same jammies)

John had never had a muffin before. So, when I handed it to him, he wasn't quite sure what to do with it. Faster than I could take a picture, he totally smooshed it. If only I had had the video camera out... It was hilarious!



Smooshed muffin



Enjoying the smooshed muffin (he ate 2) 

We waited for daddy to open presents, which turned out to be the next morning... (Sorry, John!) We got John a little ride-on car (which Noah has commandeered). Noah said he wanted to get John a guitar. Luckily we were able to find one.


Sweet Birthday Boy


Noah helping him open his present


Playing with the new guitar


John Noah riding on John's new car


Noah taking John for a wild ride

Two Saturdays in a row we had parties... (What was I thinking!?!??!?!!??) Although the second time around seemed much easier. (We did have a practice...)

I'm such a terrible mother!!! I forgot to take a picture of John's cupcakes in the holder. But, I did happen to take a picture of them on my phone... At least there is a picture.




Can't wait to get his hands on the cupcake


...on second thought...

John did not so much care for the cupcake. But he did like the ice cream. He did not make a huge mess. Which is rather ironic... Noah is very particular about being dirty, etc. He always asks for a napkin at mealtime. He's always been pretty "neat." John on the other hand doesn't seem to care if he's messy...


Playing in the cake after the ice cream is gone (this is as messy as he got)



Noah, in contrast, required an immediate bath (and left a chocolate ring in the bathtub, ick!)


Noah and John's buddies

Greg had the great idea to have each kid open one present for John. I had a little trouble keeping track of who gave what, but it was much quicker. And, as usual, John was more interested in the paper...


We are so blessed to has such a sweet baby boy! He is so much fun and always so sweet. And he's all boy! Very rambunctious. I wouldn't trade him for anything.

1 comment:

East Coast Hunters said...

Love the pics Leah!!! It helps me feel like I was there for the parties:) I can't believe john's hair..wow the curls..soo cute! So glad you all are having so much fun! Love and miss you all!