Thursday, August 2, 2012

You Never Know What He'll Say (or Do)

Apparently, I left the powder in reach of little people... I found John in my room powdering my dresser. Notice how he only powdered the knobs. 



I wiped John's. He said "Thank you very much!"

John asked, "Are you Weah, mommy?"

We were driving along in the car. I burped (which I NEVER do!) From the backseat, Noah said "What do you say, mommy!?"

I had been working with Noah on not saying certain things (like butt). He couldn't quite remember to not say it. So, after he received fair warning, I gave him vinegar. He coughed and carried on and burped. About 30 minutes later, he said "Mommy that vinegar did not agree with my tummy."

I asked John to throw his diaper away. He threw it on the floor. (I guess I usually say put it in the trash can.)

Noah opened the refrigerator and said "Mommy it smells like a toot in the refrigerator."

Every time Noah falls down, he yells, "Never better!" John has started to do it now too.

When Greg got his turkey (quite some time ago, mind you), he and the boys were outside looking at and talking about it. Noah said, "Daddy, that bird is quite ill."

One afternoon, we were talking about Froggy missing Noah, etc. Noah said, "Mommy, Froggy is a stuffed animal."

I sent Noah upstairs to get ready for naps. John and I were about to head up the stairs. Noah started crying. John took off running and yelled, "Noah, it's okay! I'm coming!"

Noah was crying because he was in trouble. John went over to him and said, "Noah, stop it!"

I bought some mint at the store for a recipe. I had leftovers, so I was putting it in my water. John kept asking for a "flower" in his water too.

Noah asked me what select means. I told him and then he said, "I have selected YOU to play with me after lunch."

One of the current favorite shows of the boys is Jake and the Neverland Pirates. Noah was pretending to be Jake; John was Cubby. Noah looked at me and said "Izzy, that would be you."

I was making dinner. Noah said "What is that stinky smell?"

We were at story time at the library. I was standing in the back. Noah leaned over in the middle and kissed John on the head. So sweet.

Noah was in the bathroom. He yelled out, "Mom did you clean the bathroom?" (I said yes.) "It looks really good."

Noah got a rocket blaster at a party for a favor. We were trying to see who could shoot it the furthest. Noah shot it further. I said "Oh man! You beat me!" Noah consoled, "It's okay, mommy. You shot it higher."

Noah called out from the bathroom that he wasn't done, it was just a courtesy flush.

No comments: