Wednesday, November 12, 2008

'Tis the Season!

I just love this time of year...fall, Thanksgiving, Christmas! They're all Noah's firsts! There is a radio station here playing nothing but Christmas music. Noah and I have been listening to it; it's our favorite! Starbucks has the Christmas cups and drinks, peppermint stick ice cream is back... What more could a girl ask for? Lower gas prices, perhaps! I'm in luck! It's down to $1.89. I can't remember the last time it was that low.


Noah got his second hair cut on Monday. He looks so handsome. The new hair cut and new teeth make him look so much older. It's a little sad. My baby is growing up. He did really good for his hair cut. We even had to wait about 15 minutes for someone else to finish up. He goes to the Hairy Elephant for his hair needs.

He's scooting more and more every day. Monday, I left him in his room playing for a little bit. I went back to check on him...only he wasn't in his room. He was in the office.

He loves to bang on the floor vents. They make a fun noise. Last night, he was scooting around in the sitting room while I was eating dinner. He was banging on the vent and the next thing I knew, he had the whole vent cover pulled out. I have no idea how he did that... I've come to the conclusion life as we know it is over. I knew it was coming, but it sort of snuck up on me...

He hasn't quite figured out that he can't always fit through spaces. Here he is trying to get between the chair and ottoman. It made him a little mad.


And here is he getting ready to have a bath. He LOVES his baths.


He has really great eyesight. He will find a teeny bit of lint on the floor and make a bee-line for it to push it around with his little finger. It's pretty funny.

Yesterday I was supposed to take a snack to Bible study. I made an Egg and Cheese Souffle. I got it all ready Monday night and baked it yesterday morning. Only it wouldn't bake. I did what any reasonable girl would do...I cried. Then I turned off the oven and got bagels and Bread Co. I was so disappointed. To top things off, it was closer to being done than I thought. I wanted to threw the dish and all in the trash because I was so upset.

He's been all out of whack because of daylight savings time. He's been waking up between 5 and 5:30 (before daylight savings time ended, he was waking up at 6 or 6:30). This morning, he woke up at 4:15. He was in there talking away and playing. So, I just left him thinking he'd eventually go back to sleep. It was dark and he had no toys to play with... He played for an hour. I couldn't believe it!

1 comment:

The Hunters said...

Leah!! He really does look older! Wow...since Canon has been born, Noah seems so much older to me too. He is really growing up...I'll grieve his babyhood right along with you...it goes so fast!