Friday, April 2, 2010

You Never Know What He'll Say (or Do)

Greg came out ready for work one day in a blazer. Noah (with mouth full of oatmeal) said "Don't wear that." Greg said he was going to wear it to work. Noah replied "Take that off. It's not comfy for you."

We caused a scene in the mall... I'm sure the first of many. We were running errands and were really close to the mall. I wanted to run in and get one thing really quick. I knew what I wanted and the store was close to the door. I had just been to Sam's and filled the back of the car with stuff , so I couldn't get the stroller out. I put John in the Baby Bjorn and just held Noah's hand. The store we were in has a little play area for kids. I told him he could play as long as he was obedient when I said it was time to go. He threw a fit (on the floor) when I said it was time. So, I picked him up and had him under my arm. (It was the only way I could carry a kicking, screaming boy with another one strapped to my front.) People were looking at me, of course. Finally, I asked Noah if he wanted to walk. He did, so I told him he needed to turn off his fit. Thankfully, he did!

Speaking of Sam's... I told Noah we were going to Sam's. The entire time we were shopping in Sam's, he kept saying "Is Sam going to be here?" Me: "No, Sam's is a store, not a person."

The other morning, I was cleaning up after breakfast. Noah was looking at one of Greg's books. He said "It says 'juh' mommy." I couldn't figure out what he was talking about. I turned around and looked. He was pointing to the G on the cover page.

No comments: