Thursday, January 27, 2011

You Never Know What He'll Say (or Do)

Noah recently called my dad Popcorn and Popsicle on two different occasions. (He normally calls him Poppy.) Of course, we all laughed, so he keeps doing it... (He used to call Popsicles Poppysicles.)

A few weeks ago, we went to our nephew Luke's baptism. Noah was nearly beside himself during the service because he didn't want to get in the water. We told him he didn't have to. Later (when we weren't trying to be quite in church), we explained to him you get baptized after you ask Jesus into your heart. He said, "I want to ask Jesus into my heart." (So sweet!! I thought I would cry!) Then he said, "Now can I get babatized?"

I got a paper cut. I was off getting a Band-Aid. Noah was moping around. I asked him what was wrong. He said, "Now you can't take care of me."

Last night during dinner, I had to keep telling Noah to turn around and eat. (Come to think of it, I have to tell him that every time he eats...) Anyway, he finally looked at me and said, "I am not having this conversation. I'm not having any spankings." I did what any reasonable person would do... I laughed. And of course, that didn't help...

No comments: