Monday, November 5, 2012

You Never Know What He'll Say (or Do)

Sometimes when we're driving in the car, the lovies will "drive." So, John wanted hippo to drive, then he wanted his water to drive. He pulled his water back and said, "the water doesn't have hands daddy!"

John got a star at the library. He kept calling his star his Starbucks.

When John is looking at pictures, he says, "It's John me!"

One weekend, we were in and out of the house quite a bit. We ended up with quite a few flies... As I was trying to swat them, John said, "Did you spank the fly, mommy?"

On the way home from our vacation, we stopped to eat at Chick-fil-A. We got our food and sat down. we got the boys started eating and then I nursed Hunter while I ate. Before we got too far into the meal, Hunter knocked my shake over and it spilled all over the table. Greg went to get some napkins to clean it up. He may have made more than one trip for napkins. As he was coming back to the table, John dropped his dipping sauce on the floor. And, it landed upside down of course. John cried. I think Greg might have wanted to cry. All I could do was laugh. All this time I'm still feeding Hunter. At the end of the meal. Noah asked for another napkin. Greg said, "They're all out."

As we were getting ready to leave for Noah's first day of school, he said "I sure hope they have those muffins again this year." He doesn't forget a thing!!! Last year, they handed out muffins on the first day of school. I had forgotten. (If only my memory...)

We had our 1 year walk through with the builder. John came out with his hard hat on. The builder thought it was hilarious. (He did not have his hard hat on.)

For a while, I was having trouble with Noah walking up behind me and swatting me on the bottom. He came up one day and swatted me with a book. I corrected him and he replied, "I didn't know I wasn't supposed to do it with a book."

I went on the women's retreat with our church. Greg stayed home with the boys. (This was the first time I had left Hunter.) When I got home, one of the first things Noah said was, "Mommy, things didn't go the way you planned. Hunter cried the whole time."

John had pink eye a few weeks back. I took him to Urgent Care on a Saturday night. When we went to fill his prescription, he asked if we were getting his pur-scripture.

One day after naps, Noah said, "That nap wound me up!"

I was putting some footed jammies on John. He hasn't worn footed jammies since last winter. He said, "What's this?" Then Noah wanted some jammies with shoes on them too.

One night, I served squash for dinner. I thought the boys would think it was a fun fall vegetable. WRONG! Noah, who used to love squash, kept saying he didn't like it. I told him I'd like for him to eat a few bites. I thought he just didn't want to eat it. He was gagging and carrying on. I thought he was being dramatic...until he threw up in his plate. I guess he really doesn't like squash. (A few weeks later, someone at church gave us one. He handed it to Noah. When he told him it was a squash, Noah's shoulders dropped. It was pretty funny.)

My phone was ringing and John said, "I think you're phone's ringing."

One night we had some people over to watch a Cardinals playoff game. I was holding Hunter. He spit up on the floor. John came running with the burp rag and cleaned it up. The next thing I knew, he had put the dirty one in the laundry basket and brought me a clean one from Hunter's room. He's such a good little helper!

Greg and I went to a leadership conference in Dallas for a few days. My mom came to stay with the boys. One day, she was looking for some pliers because she was having trouble with the dryer. She couldn't find any. Finally, she decided she'd just use scissors as pliers to pull the knob out on the drier. As she was getting ready to break the drier try to pull the knob out, Noah walked in and said, "MiMi, you push the button in." (She said she felt like the Flintstones living in the Jetson's house.)

Noah wanted to be a pirate for Halloween. We just so happened to have a pirate outfit laying around. The hat didn't have anything on it. Noah told me it needed a ghost face and dog bones.

John was playing one day with a broken thermometer. He stuck it in his ear, pulled it out. When he saw the wax on it, he said, "Mom, do you know what that is?"

Today, as we were sitting down to eat lunch, John told Noah not to sit in his chair. Noah looked at me and said, "Is John bossy or what?!"

No comments: