Thursday, February 13, 2014

You Never Know What He'll Say (or Do)

Noah and John moved in together to make way for the new baby. The first few nights, we didn't have a mattress for John's bed. He just slept in his "camping bag" (aka sleeping bag) on the floor, which he thought was great. Once we finally got the new mattress, he didn't want to read a book before bed, he just wanted to lay in his new bed. (He always wants to read books!)

My friend, Shelly, brought a bag of clothes for the new baby. There were a few pairs of pants on top for John and Hunter. I was telling John the pants were for him and Hunter. He said, "and for the new baby when she turns into a boy." 

Everyone is still adjusting the idea of having a baby girl in the house... I was doing a load of laundry. Greg looked at the basket of pink laundry and said, "this doesn't look right."

John said to me the other day, "Can you get me a tissue? I'm very busy coloring."

Hunter and I were running errands. He had his finger in his nose and then said here mommy and handed me is "treasure."

Last week, the day I had my now weekly check up, Noah had a snow day. So we all loaded up and went. We were in the exam room. The boys were coloring and eating snacks while we were waiting. Noah looked at the diagram of the reproductive system, having no idea what it was. He said," Let's just turn this around. I don't like it."

Noah is working on memorizing a piece for the Word and Speech Competition at school. Greg was reciting it to Noah as they were working on it one morning during breakfast. Greg said the wrong thing. John corrected him. (Perhaps John could compete too??)

1 comment:

Eryn said...

"Let's just turn this around. I don't like it."

I think Mick said the same thing at our first ob visit for Michael! ;)