Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Noah and the Flood

We've been very tardy in our blogging...

Last Wednesday I started the washing machine and then went about my normal routine... Two hours later, I was changing a diaper and heard water start running. I thought someone was using our outside spigot. (I know the wash couldn't still be running!) So, I followed the sound of the water and traced it back to the washing machine. I opened the lid and everything looked normal. So, I closed it and went back to dressing Noah. I then thought I'd just check the machine. I opened the basement door and there was water everywhere! It had only been 5 minutes. I couldn't believe how much water there was! I turned the machine off. It was full to the top with water. I couldn't get it to drain. So, after I'd pushed most of the water toward the drain and had a little time to think about what to do, I decided I'd have to pull all the clothes out of the machine and wring them out. (Not really what I wanted to do.) So, when the repair man came, he determined the fill switch was broken which cased a pee-pee tee-pee to float over the top and clog the drain line...

Noah started rolling from his back to his tummy. Unfortunately, he's forgotten how to go the other way. He hates being on his tummy. So, he usually just cries when he gets over. The first night he kept rolling over in his sleep and waking up. We decided if we put the pad from his changing table in his crib, he couldn't roll over. (It has just a slight contour to it.) But then the problem was he was so sweaty when he'd wake up. So, I finally settled on a sleep positioner. He's sleeping like a baby!


(This picture really has nothing to do with anything, but look how cute his slippers are!!)

For the last 2 months I've been waking Noah up at 11 pm for his last feeding. He'd then sleep until 6 or 7. My mom asked what would happen if I didn't wake him up. Without really thinking about it, I said he'd be up really early or in the middle of the night. Then I decided I didn't really know what would happen. Greg was out of town, so I decided since I didn't have to worry about keeping him up on a "school night," I'd just not wake him up and see what happens... He slept until 7. He's such a big boy!

Noah has also discovered he can be very loud. He's been yelling. It's hilarious! My dad said he know he was loud. He hasn't heard anything yet!

We've been working on our landscaping. It's been a long process! Luckily Noah loves to be outside. We've been sitting him in the shade while we work. He does really good. When he starts to get tired, he's ready to be picked up.
(Noah's sitting on the front step in his Bumbo. If you look really close, you can see him... Our bushes are super small. Next year, they'll be much bigger...we hope!)

No comments: