Saturday, December 13, 2008

It's All Fun and Games...

...until someone gets trapped in the basement. One night last week, I went downstairs to feed the cats. Greg wasn't home from work yet and Noah was playing in the sitting room. When I headed up the steps, I notice two little hands stuck through the cat door. I opened the little door so Noah could see me. I think it startled him a little. He pulled back, but didn't really back up. I couldn't get the door open because he was in front of it. I managed to get my arm out and move him enough to get through the door.

You will be happy to know the "sock bandit" was caught! Static electricity was to blame. Greg found my sock stuck to one of his shirts. Once he found it, I became obsessed with finding Noah's cute sock. I unfolded all of his pajamas, sheets, onsies, etc. trying to find it...nothing. A few days later, I was changing Noah's sheet and what did I find? The sock! I really thought I had inspected all the of the sheets when the sock was missing. Since his sheets are round and have elastic all the way around, things tend to get caught in there...

Noah is doing all kinds of fun things! If you ask him what a lion says, he roars. It's very cute! I'm working on teaching him baa like a sheep. He clicks his tongue, claps his hands, his favorite...spitting. We're trying to keep him from doing that. His newest trick: If I say "how big is Noah?" he puts his hands up over his head. It's pretty cute!

He's also figured out how to pull himself up. So far, he just does it in the bathtub. Where else??? It's pretty tricky to wash a baby who is trying to pull up. Our favorite: the bath time curly mohawk.

On December 9, our church had its annual Christmas Tea. It's always super fun. Each table has a hostess who decorates the table. All the tables are different, which sounds like it could be a little overstimulating, but it's really not. They're gorgeous. Everyone uses their china. Here's a picture of my table from this year. (I now have the centerpiece in my kitchen. Greg doesn't so much like it. It gets in his way.) And, Aunt Judy, mom, I used your "favorite" dishes this year.

Greg and I really like modern things. So, a traditional Christmas stocking will not do. I had a very fun stocking my friend Eryn gave me several years ago. But this year, I decided to make Greg and Noah stockings. I even made the pattern myself. (I'm a little proud of them!) I want to get names put on them after Christmas. Hopefully, you can tell which one is mine.

Here is a super cute video of Noah. It needs no explanation. But we already have a Tiger fan on our hands.

Yesterday, Noah was following me down the hall. (He still crawls army style.) He sounded like he was working extra hard at it. I turned around and looked. His pants were down around his ankles. When I put them on him, I knew they were a little big in the waist but thought they were okay since his shirt covered them... I tried to get the camera really fast, but he had them almost off by the time I got back.

Noah LOVES to pull the tags off of the presents under the tree. My mom told me I shouldn't have presents under the tree yet. But, I really don't want Noah under there anyway. At least with the presents there, I can hear something.

He also loves to chase the cats. They don't love it so much. Truman just runs when he sees Noah coming. Jinx lets him get right up to him before he runs off. Here's Jinx playing with Noah's balloon and Noah trying to pull his hair.


Noah has figured out if he bangs his head on something intentionally, it gets our attention. When he's done playing in the Johnny-Jump-Up, he grabs the door frame and bangs his head on it. Is that normal?

1 comment:

Julianne said...

You are so funny. Have I mentioned that lately? :) And yes, banging his head to get your attention is normal. Wait until he figures out how fast you come running when he tries out the coughing/gag reflex trick! Fun times!