Saturday, May 16, 2009

Boys Just Wanna Have Fun

Noah has gone greener. He's been exclusively wearing cloth diapers for several weeks now. I really like them. They are so much healthier. We got them at this fun store called Cotton Babies. (One of my friends, Shelly, wrote a great blog about them. Why repeat what she already said??? Click here to read what she wrote.)


Shelly and I decided on Wednesday, we'd load all the babies in her car and go to Cotton Babies. (It's a little bit of a drive.) When I told Greg we were all going in one car, he said (and I quote) "Can you even put 4 car seats in a mini van?" Anyway, we kept looking into the back and laughing... Not the best picture, but here they are.


Noah has started saying "Mmmmm!" when he eats now. It's quite funny.

If he's not supposed to do something, he says "No!" and then does it anyway. (Is that progress or just disobedience?) He also tells the cats, Truman and Jinx, "No!" if they are playing with one of his toys. My mom and dad were watching him today and said Noah got close to the remote and said "No, no, no!"

He's started to climb... He was following me through the house this week and got sidetracked at the piano. I could hear him plunking at the keys. Then all of the sudden, he was crying. All of my Mother's Day cards, which had been on the ledge of the piano, were on the floor. He had climbed up on the bench, pulled them down, and then fell off. Later that day, he climbed up on the fireplace. My dad said Noah started to climb up on the fireplace today and my dad said "Ah, ah, ah" and Noah put his foot. (He minds sometimes...)

Noah likes to drag out as many toys as he possibly can. This week, I was making dinner and he pulled out just about everything in the kitchen he's allowed to play with. I had just touched raw chicken with one had and was headed to the sink to wash my hands. I stepped on a spatula and one foot went sliding across the floor. (Sometimes I fall down.) I nearly did the splits. I hurt my back and hip and got a huge bruise on my knee. Noah, of course, thought it was funny. I was trying to keep my salmonella hand away from him while he was hanging on me.

As mentioned, MiMi and Poppy are here for a visit. They took Noah for a walk this afternoon while I was gone. (It was a wee bit chilly today...) MiMi put Noah's infant foot rattles on his feet instead of shoes. She thought they were funny. They are a bit too small now. He has to hold the gumballs from the Sweet Gun trees.

Noah and Froggy driving Poppy's truck.

Post Party Ride Home

We stopped at Babies 'R' Us on the way home from dinner. Noah had to take his cup with him. As soon as we got him in the stroller and buckled in, he put his cup in the cup holder. Smart boy!


Jinx even enjoyed the balloon.

No comments: