Monday, June 28, 2010

Captain Underpants, A Potty Training Diary

Day 1:
I got out a chart and stickers to use with each success. We put on some new underwear. Noah and I go to the basement to do laundry and some other random tasks. I hear a little voice behind me: "Mommy, my underwear is leaking." I then hear "slosh, slosh, slosh" as he walks towards me with Crocs full of pee-pee.

By noon, we're running out of underwear, so we decide to just go bottomless.

At 3:00, I'm wondering if I can pay someone to potty train him and wondering why I didn't do this when John was sleeping more during the day.

Day 2:
Off to a better start. Everyone is glad when bedtime comes and we can just put a diaper on.

Day 3:
We buy more underwear. We now have 14 pairs.

Day 5:
Power struggle. We go for a walk. When we get home, Noah throws a fit when I tell him we need to take off the diaper and put on some underwear. I finally get his diaper off. When I come back with his underwear, he's standing over my tennis shoes, carefully aiming and letting it all out. Spanking...

Day 7:
We go to MiMi's house... This could be interesting. While at MiMi's house, he's does great! Very few accidents. I think to myself, "this isn't so bad after all."

Day 10:
We're home and things seem to be going downhill. Seriously, can I pay someone to do this?

Day 12:
Noah wants to wear his underwear to a graduation party. So, we try it. He does great.

Day 14:
We're going to Vacation Bible Camp. I decided perhaps he does better when we're not at home. (Peer pressure can be a wonderful thing!) He has an accident right before I pick him up.

Day 18:
I tell Noah he can get a lantern (or wantereen as he calls it) if he can learn to use the potty.

Day 22:
We've turned a corner. I told him if he doesn't have any accidents today, we'll get a 50/50 from It's a Grind. Close, but no cigar.

Day 23:
Still no 50/50.


Day 25:
We get a 50/50.

Day 26:
We go buy the wantereen. Noah can play with it under the condition he does not start having accidents again.



Day 28:
I have to take the wantereen away. Have I declared victory too soon, or is he just looking for some attention?

No comments: